Monday 23 July 2012

'Lympics Ladies #1 - Hope Solo

Over the next few weeks, we'll be taking a look at the finest talent on show amongst the fine talent on show. If you get me. If you don't, it's probably because the photos are already distracting you. No shame in that...


Let’s start with the name. Not so long ago, the bra-burners of the world decided they'd had enough of taking their husbands' names. Double barrelling, or keeping one’s maiden name, was apparently empowerment of sort. And now, there is the admittedly rare but worrying development of men double barrelling their own names to include that of their spouse.

Well, let me tell you that if I was marrying Hope Solo, I would have no bother taking her name. And I don’t mean giving myself a double barrel. I don’t even mean taking her surname. No, I would take her entire name. Straight up. I could live the rest of my life named Mr. Hope Solo and not have a single damn day of regret.

In any case, she is genuine marriage material, name aside. Tall, good-looking, feisty, open to posing naked, there isn’t a single hole in this girl’s game. Oh, and she’s actually a decent enough keeper, as well. For a girl, anyway…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment